Bra Easy Pty Ltd Ethical Sourcing Policy
Bra Easy Pty Ltd
Ethical Sourcing Policy
We are transparent with our ethical sourcing policy. Every manufacturer that we use must sign this document.
1. Bribery and Corruption
Suppliers shall not engage in acts of bribery and corruption and shall not falsify documents and records
2. Labour Rights
Employment is freely chosen
There is no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour
Workers are not required to lodge deposits or their identity papers with their employer and are free to leave their employer after reasonable notice
3. Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
Workers, without distinction, have the right to join or form trade unions of their choosing and to bargain collectively
The employer adopts an open attitude towards the activities of trade unions and their organisational activities
Workers representatives are not discriminated against and have access to carry out their representative functions in the workplace
Where the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining is restricted under law, the employer facilitates and does not hinder, the development of parallel means for independent and free association and bargaining
4. Working Conditions
A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided, bearing in mind the prevailing knowledge of the industry and any specific hazards. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health in the working environment
Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training, and such training shall be repeated for new or reassigned workers
Access to clean toilet facilities and to clean and drinkable water and, if appropriate, sanitary facilities for food storage shall be provided
Accommodation, where provided, shall be clean, safe, and meet the basic needs of the workers
Suppliers will ensure that personal protective equipment is available, and workers are trained in its use. Safeguards on machinery must meet or exceed local laws
Suppliers shall assign responsibility for health and safety to a senior management representative
5. Child Labour
Concerning the appropriate age of workers and we will not work with suppliers who use child labour.
Child labour refers to work that: Is mentally, physically, or morally harmful to children;
Can negatively affect their mental, physical, or social development, and interferes with their schooling:
o by depriving them of the opportunity to attend school;
o by obliging them to leave school prematurely; or
o by requiring them to attempt to combine school attendance with excessively long and heavy work.
In short: child labour is work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential and their dignity, and is harmful to their physical and mental development.
6. Living Wages
Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. In any event, wages should always be enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income
All workers shall be provided with written and understandable information about their employment conditions in respect to wages before they enter employment and about the particulars of their wages for the pay period concerned each time that they are paid
Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure or any deductions from wages not provided for by law shall not occur without the expressed permission of the worker concerned. All disciplinary measures should be recorded
7. Working Hours
Working hours comply with any Law and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection
In any event, workers shall not regularly be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week and shall be provided with at least one day off for every 7 days on average. Overtime shall be voluntary, shall not be excessive, shall not be demanded on a regular basis and shall always be compensated at a premium rate
There is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation
9. Regular employment
To every extent possible work performed must be based on recognised employment relationship established through law and practice
Obligations to employees under labour, or social security laws and regulations arising from the regular employment relationship shall not be avoided through the use of labour-only contracting, sub-contracting, or home-working arrangements, or through apprenticeship schemes where there is no real intent to impart skills or provide regular employment, nor shall any such obligations be avoided through the excessive use of fixed-term contracts of employment
10. Harsh or Inhumane Treatment
Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited
11. Entitlement to Work and Immigration
Only workers with a legal right to work shall be employed or used by the supplier
All workers, including employment agency staff, must be validated by the supplier for their legal right to work by reviewing original documentation
The supplier shall implement processes to enable adequate control over agencies with regards to the above points and related legislation
12. Sub-Contracting and Home Working
There shall be no sub-contracting unless previously agreed
Suppliers must have adequate processes in place for adequately managing sub-contracting and home working to ensure sub-contractors do not abuse, exploit or provide unsafe working conditions for their employees Bra Easy PTY LTD Ethical Sourcing Policy Page 3 of 4
13. Environment Compliance
The facility shall comply with national and local environmental laws and regulations
The facility shall dispose of its production waste in accordance with local environmental laws and regulations
The facility must have identified and documented its key environmental impacts and implemented controls to minimise its impact on the environment with respect to solid waste disposal, hazardous chemicals storage and management, air and water emissions.
- The supplier does not engage in bribery or corrupt practices.
- The workers are not forced or bonded and are free to leave their employment if they wish.
- The workers have a right to join a union.
- The working conditions are safe and hygienic and steps have been taken to prevent accidents.
- The workers have access to clean toilets and drinkable water.
- Safeguards on the machines are present.
- No child is engaged to work in the factory.
- The workers are provided a living wage.
- The working hours are reasonable.
- No discrimination during the hiring process is allowed.
- The workers are employed as a regular obligation not using excessive fixed term contracts of employment.
- There is no physical abuse or harsh treatment of the workers in the factory or the office.
- There is no sub contracting unless specifically agreed with Bra Easy Pty Ltd
- The factory and office comply with the government regulations in respect of waste and hazardous materials and the facility must have identified and documented its key environmental impacts and implemented controls to minimise its impact on the environment with respect to solid waste disposal, hazardous chemicals storage and management, air and water emissions.
Measure Your Size
1. Select your Bra and size by placing and order.
2. Select Cash On Delivery and the invoice will be sent straight to your email.
3. This can then be given to your provider for payment.
4. Once the payment has been recieved we will ship your order to you.